What is THRIVE Delaware?
THRIVE Delaware is a multi-sector collaborative partnership to promote healthy relationships, individuals, and violence-free environments. It brings together advocates, practitioners, and community-based agencies and state systems as a community of practice dedicated to helping Delaware address intimate partner violence as a public health issue.
Delawareans, like many across the U.S., are searching for meaningful solutions for ending violence in our homes and communities. Recognizing that we cannot arrest our way out of this problem and that violence is a complex issue requiring comprehensive solutions, THRIVE Delaware aims to strengthen our collective ability to approach violence as a public health, and fundamentally, human rights issue. We will focus on building our capacity to both reduce risk, and approach violence, as well as the conditions or practices that support it, as preventable.
How will we THRIVE?
- Learn Together – THRIVE Delaware is a Community of Practice. Communities of practice are groups of people who share a concern or a passion for something they do and learn how to do it better as they interact regularly (Wenger, 2007). THRIVE Delaware aims to help find and share information relevant to the needs of the community; connect skilled, creative, and dedicated people who want to make our state the best it can be; and develop an accessible and rich body of knowledge that combines researcher, practitioner, and community wisdom.
- Create Safe Spaces – THRIVE Delaware aims to create a space where practitioners, regardless of discipline or level of education, are valued for the knowledge they bring and feel engaged as both learners and teachers. We envision a community of practice where people feel they can chat candidly about issues or ask advice without repercussion, are exposed to divergent concepts to deepen thinking, and can learn about and coordinate informed, committed action across our state.
- Plan, Implement and Evaluate Effective Strategies – Through state and community-level efforts supported by federal grants focused on both intervention and prevention strategies, we will generate practice-based evidence to contribute to the emerging field of intimate partner violence prevention.
How can you THRIVE?
- Learn THRIVE – Be an active learner and participant in THRIVE webinars and trainings.
- Advocate THRIVE – Help your agencies and communities THRIVE by promoting concepts and practices that challenge the existing structures and conditions which allow violence to occur.
- Promote THRIVE – Encourage others to come THRIVE with us!
THRIVE Delaware Partners
The total partners (funded, providing matches, or having MOUs) on each federal grant that supports THRIVE Delaware are:
- Delaware Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Delaware Division of Public Health
- Delaware Department of Education
- Delaware Domestic Violence Task Force
- Delaware Victims’ Rights Task Force
- Child, Inc.
- Turning Point at People’s Place*
- Abriendo Puertas at People’s Place*
- SAFE Program at People’s Place*
- La Red
- Planned Parenthood of Delaware
- University of Delaware
- Jewish Family Services of Delaware
- Contact Lifeline
- Sexual Assault Network of Delaware
*Three programs at People’s Place are participating: Abriendo Puertas and SAFE as part of the Project Connect grant, and Turning Point as part of the DELTA FOCUS grant.