Corporate Citizenship Award
About the Award
The Corporate Citizenship Award honors businesses or corporations that, through training or education initiatives, policies, or programming, have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to preventing and ending domestic violence and/or supporting victims and survivors. Read about our individual awards.
• BlackRock - 2013
• VerizonWireless - 2012
Candidates for the award might include, but are not limited to:
- An employer with meaningful policies in its employee manual to support victims of domestic violence or that trains its human resource staff to support victims and their supervisors.
- A company that holds fundraising events or collects supplies or phones to support a local shelter or domestic violence program.
- A financial institution that is flexible in its requirements when providing loans or credit to victims of domestic violence who may have poor or little credit because of their situation.
- A corporation that earmarks funds or provides in-kind support to local domestic violence organizations.
- A business that donates products or services to support domestic violence survivors.
About DCADV and the Purple Ribbon Event
The Delaware Coalition Against Domestic Violence is the statewide, nonprofit coalition of agencies and individuals working to stop domestic violence in Delaware. We work in partnership with direct service providers, government officials, and business and community partners to promote equality in relationships as we strive to alter the social conditions that allow violence and abuse to occur.
Read more about becoming a Partner or Supporter of DCADV.
The Purple Ribbon Event is DCADV's annual public awareness event held each October during National Domestic Violence Awareness Month. The event features a keynote speaker, awards, cocktail party, and a "Pick a Prize" raffle. Members from the community, survivors, service providers, advocates, and friends are welcome. Sponsorship packages are available and donations are welcome.
Read more about the Purple Ribbon Event and sponsorship opportunities.